Invitation to submit Abstract to POLAR 2018, Davos, Switzerland - Abstracts due 1 November (next Wednesday)!

Invitation to submit Abstract to POLAR 2018, Davos, Switzerland - Abstracts due 1 November (next Wednesday)!

Julie Friddell
Dear polar colleagues,

On behalf of the conveners, I invite you to submit an abstract to our session on data management for scientists, "Big data, small data, your data. What does good data management mean to you?”  (https://www.polar2018.org/uploads/2/4/6/0/24605948/session_program_polar2018_reader_en-5.pdf)

We would like to have a deep and broad-ranging discussion that involves data managers, scientists, and other data users in the polar regions.  We hope to encourage presentations that lay out the needs of our user communities and bring in a wide range of perspectives.

POLAR 2018, “Where the Poles Come Together," is taking place 15-26 June 2018 in Davos, Switzerland - https://www.polar2018.org
This international conference will be collocated with a series of side meetings (https://www.polar2018.org/side-meetings.html) that are likely to be of broad interest, so please take a look at the program and side meetings and start planning your trip!

Apologies for cross-posting as I’m sure you have been seeing lots of announcements for this big meeting, and perhaps our session, already!  Thank you so much for your consideration, and we hope to see you in Davos next summer!

Cheers,

Julie, Pip Bricher, Peter Pulsifer, and Anton van de Putte

--
Julie E. Friddell, Ph.D.
Director, Canadian Cryospheric Information Network/Polar Data Catalogue