Invited talks by prof. Steven Warren at EGU 2018!

Invited talks by prof. Steven Warren at EGU 2018!

Meinander Outi (FMI)
Dear cryolisters,

It is our great pleasure to inform you that prof. Steven Warren, University of Washington, "the father of clean and dirty snow albedo research", will be the invited speaker of our multidisciplinary EGU 2018 session [IE2.7/AS3.6/BG1.10/CL2.24/CR8.7]: "Atmosphere – Cryosphere interaction with focus on transport, deposition and effects of dust, black carbon, and other aerosols (co-organized)"

Prof. Warren's talks will be "Scientific thinking about light-absorbing impurities in snow, 1920-2004" and "Surveys for black carbon and other light-absorbing impurities in snow over large areas of North America, China, the Arctic and Antarctic".

We would also like to invite you to join our session and to submit your abstract to this session. The abstract submission link is here: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/28793.
Please note! The deadline for abstract submission is 10 January 2018! [we are able to handle late submissions until 18 January 2018, 13:00 CET. For late abstracts (submitted by conveners after 10 January 2018) a higher APC of €80 gross will be invoiced.]

Here some details on the session:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/28793
Convener: Pavla Dagsson Waldhauserova ([hidden email])
Co-Conveners: Biagio Di Mauro, Marie Dumont, Outi Meinander ([hidden email])

We welcome model- and observation-based investigations on any aspects of linkages between atmospheric processes and snow and ice on local, regional and global scales. Emphasis is given on the Arctic, high latitudes and altitudes, mountains, sea ice, Antarctic regions. In particular, we encourage studies that address aerosols (such as black carbon, organic carbon, mineral dust, volcanic ash, diatoms, bioaerosols, bacteria, algae etc.) and changes in the cryosphere (e.g. effects on snow/ice melt and albedo).

See you in Vienna!

Best,
Pavla (Iceland), Biagio (Italy), Marie (France) and Outi (Finland)