Juneau Icefield Research Program 2018 Applications Open

Juneau Icefield Research Program 2018 Applications Open

Annie Boucher
Student and faculty applications are open for the 2018 Juneau Icefield Research Program field season. JIRP is an expedition-based 8-week summer field school for advanced high school, undergraduate, and entry-level graduate students, working out of Juneau, AK. The curriculum centers on glaciology and glacier science. Recent research projects have focused on geophysics, mass balance, geobotany, isotope geochemistry, geomatics, and biogeochemistry. Students receive academic credit through the University of Alaska Southeast. Interested students are encouraged to apply by February 9th.

We have also opened a faculty application. Applications for first consideration were due in late November, but any interested professors, professionals, postdocs and advanced graduate students are still strongly encouraged to fill out the application form on the website.

Please see juneauicefield.com for further information or contact me at [hidden email] with any questions.

Best,
Annie

Annie Boucher
Program Manager