Juneau Icefield Research Program (JIRP) Student and Staff Applications due Friday

Juneau Icefield Research Program (JIRP) Student and Staff Applications due Friday

Annie Boucher-2
A quick reminder from JIRP: Student and staff applications for the JIRP 2019 Summer Program are due this Friday, January 4th, for first consideration.

Students applicants: Our academic curriculum is focused on introductory and intermediate glacier science for undergraduate and early-stage graduate students. JIRP trains adventurous students with a wide variety of previous experience both in and out of school. A summer on the Juneau Icefield can be a great stepping stone for anyone considering graduate school in glacier science or a related field. We welcome student applicants regardless of their current enrollment status, their academic background, or their backcountry experience. Information at juneauicefield.org/students/information.

Staff applicants: We are putting together a crew of dynamic field staffers to teach ski mountaineering, lead trail parties, manage field camps, maintain equipment and facilities, and assist with student research projects. Prior experience with JIRP is not required. We do require prospective staffers to be excited to support our mission of providing intensive Earth science education and field training for the rising generation of scientists, teachers, artists, science communicators, and policymakers. Information at juneauicefield.org/staff/information.

Question? Email Program Manager Annie Boucher at [hidden email].

Happy New Year,
Annie and Seth

Dr. Seth Campbell - Director of Academics and Research

Annie Boucher - Program Manager