Know something new about the climate, oceanography, tectonics, and geohazards of the Polar Regions?

Know something new about the climate, oceanography, tectonics, and geohazards of the Polar Regions?

Andrew Christ-2

Dear Colleagues,

Are you researching the climate, oceanography, tectonics, and geohazards of the Polar Regions?  If so, we invite you to submit an abstract to our session “CL4.25 Polar regions – climate, oceanography, tectonics, and geohazards” at the upcoming EGU 2021 meeting April 19-30. This year the meeting will be held entirely online.

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/session/40783

The aim of this session is to bring together researchers working on both northern and southern high latitudes processes spanning various spatio-temporal scales from fjords to the deep sea, to provide a multi-disciplinary picture of polar regions. We welcome submissions focusing on (but not limited to) records of past climatic change, tectonics, oceanography and ecosystems, and the associated links with ice sheets and glacier behaviour, ice-ocean interactions and glacial-marine sedimentary processes. Studies that integrate different datasets, data types, or that marry observations with numerical modelling are also encouraged.

As you may know, the annual meeting will be held entirely online again this year. Abstracts are due on Weds. 13 January 2021 at 13:00 CET

We look forward to reading about your interesting research.

Sincerely,

Andrew Christ (University of Vermont)

Johann Philipp Klages (Alfred Wegner Institute)

Kelly Hogan (British Antarctic Survey)

Kasia K. Sliwinska (Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland)

Michele Rebesco (Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale)