Launch Of Antarctic Environments Portal Website - www.environments.aq

Johanna Grabow

Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to have launched a ‘new look’ Antarctic Environments Portal Website: www.environments.aq.

The Antarctic Environments Portal provides ready access to high-level summary information on Antarctic issues, based on the best available scientific knowledge. In January 2020, The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) took over operation of the Antarctic Environments Portal. SCAR’s primary aim in hosting the Portal is to fulfil its remit of providing objective and independent scientific advice to the Antarctic Treaty System on issues of science and conservation affecting the management of Antarctica and the Southern Ocean. SCAR will continue to build on earlier work to develop the Portal as the ‘go-to’ place for policy-relevant advice on Antarctic issues.

The new website has been redesigned to make it easier for users to find the information they want and to access additional resources. The Portal’s Information Summaries have also been designed to make them more user-friendly. We are piloting new infographics to help convey the key messages of the Portal Information Summaries.

If you are interested in contributing to the portal, please have a look at our Guidelines for Authors and get in contact with the [hidden email]

We also set up a portal mailing list for notifications about the Portal progress. Please subscribe here if you'd like to join. You can also follow the Portal on Facebook and our SCAR Twitter channel.

We hope you enjoy the new website and please don't hesitate to [hidden email] with us.

www.environments.aq

With best wishes,

The Portal Management Team

--

Johanna Grabow

Communications and Information Officer

/Users/johannatemp/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1934605154

[hidden email]  www.scar.org

Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research

c/o Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge, Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1ER United Kingdom

Twitter icon  Facebook icon  LinkedIn icon  Youtube icon

/Users/johannatemp/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1551199985

Assistant Editor

[hidden email]  www.environments.aq

Antarctic Environments Portal

Linking Antarctic science & policy