Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Cold and Palaeo Environments, Northumbria University

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Cold and Palaeo Environments, Northumbria University

John Woodward

Dear Cryolisters,

Northumbria University has recently advertised a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer position in Physical Geography.  The advert is available on Northumbria web pages:  http://work4.northumbria.ac.uk/hrvacs/eae1215

We are looking to appoint an internationally recognised researcher in Cold and Palaeo Environments Research. Candidates with expertise in fluvial/hydrological processes, catchment modelling or atmosphere/ocean interactions, in polar or mountain areas, are particularly encouraged to apply, though we will consider applications from any researcher who would support the Cold and Palaeo theme.

Please contact me if you are interested in discussing this role ([hidden email]). Other members of the group would also welcome inquiries.

Kind regards,

Professor John Woodward

Director of Research

Geography and Environment

Dr Ben Brock, Reader (Remote Sensing of Snow and Ice) [hidden email]

Dr Stuart Dunning, Senior Lecturer (Mountains and landslides) [hidden email]

Dr Nick Rutter, Senior Lecturer (Snow Hydrology) [hidden email]

Dr Ulrich Salzmann, Senior Lecturer (Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology and Biogeography) [hidden email]

Please note the closing date of 26 March 2013

Professor John Woodward

Professor of Physical Geography and Director of Research

Department of Geography

Engineering and Environment

Northumbria University

Ellison Building

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE1 8ST

T/F: 0191 2273048

Web page: http://www.northumbria.ac.uk/sd/academic/bne/study/divgeogenv/staff/johnwoodward

Lake Ellsworth homepage <http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/research/ellsworth/>

If you would like to apply, please send your completed Application Form to [hidden email] quoting the reference number.

Northumbria University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.