Lecturer in Cold Environments (Fixed for 2 years)

Lecturer in Cold Environments (Fixed for 2 years)

John Woodward
Dear All,

We have a vacancy in our Cold Environments group for a lecturer.

Please contact me if you are interested in discussing this role (john.woodward@northumbria.ac.uk). Other members of the group would also welcome inquiries.

Kind regards,

Dr John Woodward

Director of Research
Geography and Environment

Dr Ben Brock, Reader (Remote Sensing of Snow and Ice) benjamin.brock@northumbria.ac.uk
Dr Stuart Dunning, Senior Lecturer (Mountains and landslides) stuart.dunning@northumbria.ac.uk
Dr Nick Rutter, Senior Lecturer (Snow Hydrology) nick.rutter@northumbria.ac.uk
Dr Ulrich Salzmann, Senior Lecturer (Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology and Biogeography) ulrich.salzmann@northumbria.ac.uk

Lecturer in Physical Geography (Fixed for 2 years)
School of the Built and Natural Environment
Northumbria University
Ref: BNE11/02
Salary: £31,798 - £35,788

We have a vacancy for a Lecturer in Physical Geography.  You will be required to teach, lead, develop and coordinate modules across the subject area; contribute to research and consultancy activity, and undertake academic administrative duties.

You will have a sound knowledge and appreciation of the content and theory of a recognised sub-area of Physical Geography, with appropriate academic qualifications.  In addition, you will have excellent communication skills and good interpersonal skills.  Applications from candidates with research experience that provide synergy with current research interests in Cold Environments and/or Environmental Chemistry are particularly welcome.

For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Dr Jane Entwistle, Head of Geography and Environment, 0191 227 3017, jane.entwistle@northumbria.ac.uk or Dr John Woodward, Director of Research, 0191 227 3048, john.woodward@northumbria.ac.uk.

Closing date: 28 September 2011
Selection date: 18 October 2011
Further particulars are available at:

http://work4.northumbria.ac.uk/hrvacs/bne1102