Looking for polar scientists

Allen Pope
Sent on behalf of Deanna Wheeler:

Hello Cryolist-

I am an elementary science teacher who went on a polar expedition (PolarTREC) and to IPY- Norway. At my school, we have been involved with polar week activities. Our teachers have become engaged and requested addresses of polar scientists so that the students could write them a letter.

If you have any/are a (potentially early career) scientist that would be willing to answer a letter, please let me know. The commitment would be minimal but the benefit to the students would be great.

We have over 110 4th grade students and I have gathered a total of 10 scientists. I was surprised to find out that the 4th graders are planning on writing the letters next week so if there are any more willing polar scientists, now would be a great time to send your contact information. Just remember, your small gesture will have a big impact on these students. What an easy and great way to inspire students with your letter.

We are so excited about the our upcoming polar week festivities that you can feel it.

Thanks--
[hidden email]

Deanna Wheeler

J. C. Parks Elementary School