MIMSIP3D model intercomparison

Frank Pattyn
Dear All,

ice2sea MISMIP3D: Marine Ice Sheet Model Intercomparison Project for
planview models (3D) is online since April 2011, and recently updated.
Please consult the webpage below:

http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~fpattyn/mismip3d

The deadline for submission of results is 29 February 2012!

Submitting useful experimental results will make you a contributor of the
mismip3d paper. The paper is scheduled to be submitted 31 July 2012 (IPCC
deadline).

ice2sea MISMIP3D is developed within the FP7 ice2sea project. However, the
participation in the intercomparison exercise is completely open to the
whole scientific community. Everyone having an ice sheet model (at least 2D
planform) capable of handling grounding lines (transition of the ice sheet
and the ice shelf) is encouraged to participate.

A number of colleagues have contacted me already to participate and they
received this email yesterday. If you still wish to participate, please
contact me so that I can put you on the mailing list, because further
announcements will not happen through Cryolist anymore.

Kind regards,

-Frank

Frank Pattyn
Laboratoire de Glaciologie
Département des Sciences de la Terre et de l'Environnement (DSTE)
Université Libre de Bruxelles, CP 160/03
Avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles (Belgium)
Tel: +32 (0)2 650 28 46 /  +32 (0)2 650 22 27 (secr.)
Fax: +32 (0)2 650 22 26
Mobile: +32 (0)485 364 495
email: [hidden email]

http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~fpattyn