MSc(Res) Polar and Alpine Change Programme at the University of Sheffield, UK

MSc(Res) Polar and Alpine Change Programme at the University of Sheffield, UK

Felix S Ng

Dear all,

Please kindly forward this advertisement to the final-year undergraduate students in your department or institution!

MSc(Res) Polar and Alpine Change
Department of Geography, University of Sheffield, UK

This one-year MSc(Res) programme should interest students seeking Masters-level research training and experience within the broad subject area of cold-regions science. Its research areas include glaciology, geomorphology, climate change and reconstruction, Quaternary science, geochronology, and oceanic and atmospheric processes.

The programme targets those wishing to gain an intensive research experience and expand their knowledge and skills before progressing to a PhD. Training is provided via a research apprenticeship within the Ice and Climate Research (ICERS) cluster of academic and postdoctoral staff and research students. Our students carry out a major Research Project under supervision by ICERS staff. Another key feature of the programme is a summer Field Course module. Its provisional destination is Western Greenland, although alternative field locations may be considered that reflect the interests and experience of our staff.

We invite applications from students who are performing at (a minimum) good Upper-Second Class undergraduate level at a UK university or graduated at that level, or an international equivalent, in a relevant subject --- for example, Physical Geography, Environmental / Earth / Ocean Sciences, Geology, Physics, and Natural Science.

Many of our alumni have gone on to secure competitive PhD places. Some alumni have pursued their career as environmental professionals.

Our next Open Day will be on Wednesday 26th February 2020. We are considering applications for September 2020 entry.

If you wish to attend the Open Day, please book a place here:  https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/visit/open-days#taught

Further details about the course can be found at: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/geography/masters/polarandalpinechange

Best wishes,
Felix Ng

Programme Director, MSc(Res) in Polar and Alpine Change

Dr. Felix Ng                    email: [hidden email]
Department of Geography
University of Sheffield
Winter Street, Sheffield
S10 2TN                         tel: [+44] 114-2227949
United Kingdom                  fax: [+44] 114-2797912
Website   http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/geography/staff/ng_felix/index

MSc(Res) Polar & Alpine Change at the University of Sheffield, UK

Felix S Ng

Dear all,

MSc(Res) Polar and Alpine Change Programme
Department of Geography, University of Sheffield, UK

This one-year MSc(Res) programme should interest students seeking Masters-level research training and experience within the broad subject area of cold-regions science. Its research areas include glaciology, geomorphology, climate change, Quaternary science, and oceanic and atmospheric processes.

The programme targets those wishing to gain an intensive research experience and expand their knowledge and skills before progressing to a PhD. Training is provided via a research apprenticeship within the Ice and Climate Research (ICERS) cluster of academic and postdoctoral staff and research students. Our students carry out a major Research Project under supervision by ICERS staff. Another key feature of the programme is a summer Field Course module. Its provisional destination is Western Greenland.

We invite applications from students who are performing at (a minimum) good Upper-Second Class undergraduate level at a UK university or graduated at that level, or an international equivalent, in a relevant subject --- for example, Physical Geography, Environmental / Earth / Ocean Sciences, Geology, Physics, and Natural Science.

Many of our alumni have gone on to secure competitive PhD places. Some alumni pursued their career as environmental professionals.

Our next Postgraduate Event will be on Wednesday 25th November 2020. At the event, which will be organised as an online live session, the course director will describe the programme and answer your questions, and you will have the opportunity to speak to a current student and hear their experience.
If you wish to attend the event, please book a place here:

          https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/visit/open-days

We are considering applications for September 2021 entry.