MSc in Environmental Science and Drone Applications at Liverpool John Moores University, UK

MSc in Environmental Science and Drone Applications at Liverpool John Moores University, UK

Edwards, Laura
Hello Cryolist

Below is some information about our MSc in Environmental Science and Drone Applications at Liverpool John Moores University, UK, as well as the details for our next postgraduate open day. If you are interested in applying please do get in touch via email or come along to the open day. If you know of anyone else who might be interested in the course, please forward these details on to them.

Best wishes

Laura

**

MSc in Environmental Science and Drone Applications Geography, Natural Sciences and Psychology, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK

This 1-year interdisciplinary programme draws on drone, GIS and remote sensing technologies and their application to understanding the physical, biological and chemical changes underlying environmental change. The programme has been developed to help meet increased demand for graduates with experience in drone technology and/or the skills required to work in and conduct research into environmental science and climate change.

There is a strong focus in the course on practice-based learning of drones and their applications including an overseas field trip where students will plan and execute a drone mission to collect environmental data. Additional practical skills will be taught using industry standard GIS/remote sensing software and Python and Matlab programming languages. Real-world examples, combined with teaching of advanced theoretical knowledge and understanding within environmental science will enable students to undertake their research project in a variety of areas including the cryosphere, oceanography, hydrology and geomorphology.

Graduates with skills in drone, GIS and remote sensing technologies are highly sought after by a range of employers and LJMU postgraduate students have an excellent employability record with 96% (HESA 2017) in work or further study six months after graduation.

We invite applicants with a minimum of an upper second-class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) in geography, environmental science or a related field. Applicants with degrees in other numerate disciplines, including physical science and engineering, will also be considered.

Further information on the course can be found at: https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/courses/postgraduates/environmental-science-and-drone-applications

Our next postgraduate open day is from 15:00-18:30 on Wednesday 27th November at the Byrom Street Campus, Liverpool John Moores University. Information on and registration for this open day and future open days can be found through the following website https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-students/postgraduate-events

Best wishes

Laura Edwards
Programme Director of the MSc in Environmental Science and Drone Applications

Dr Laura Edwards
Senior lecturer in UAV technology
Liverpool John Moores University
Biological and Environmental Sciences
James Parsons Building
Byrom Street
Liverpool
L3 3AF

Please note that I work part time. My usual working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Important Notice: the information in this email and any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you should delete it from your system immediately without disclosing its contents elsewhere and advise the sender by returning the email or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the email. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Liverpool John Moores University.

[...]

Our next postgraduate open day is from 16:00-19:00 on Thursday 12th March at the Byrom Street Campus, Liverpool John Moores University. Information on and registration for this open day and future open days can be found through the following website https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-students/postgraduate-events