Quantcast

MSc in Glaciology at Aberystwyth University, UK.

MSc in Glaciology at Aberystwyth University, UK.

Tom Holt

Dear colleagues,

We are now accepting applications for our MSc in Glaciology at Aberystwyth University for a September 2017 start. Please forward this on to any students who may be interested or may benefit from a postgraduate course in Glaciology.

The MSc is a full-time programme taught over a 13-month period, and is supported by world-leading researchers and award-winning lecturers in the Centre for Glaciology, Department of Geography and Earth Sciences. The Centre for Glaciology has recently celebrated its 20th anniversary, and DGES itself celebrates its centenary in 2017-18. Over the last 100 years we have created one of the largest, most vibrant, and most experienced Geography departments in the UK.

The MSc in Glaciology begins with a week-long trip to the European Alps in early September 2017, and throughout the MSc, students are exposed to diverse mix of critical themes in glaciology, including: glacier hydrology and glacier-surface characteristics; glacier dynamics; structural glaciology; microbiology; numerical modelling and empirical data collection; application of remote sensing and GIS in glaciology; aspects of glacial geology, sedimentology and geomorphology, and; ice-mass response to environmental change.

The course is taught through a combination of fieldtrips, seminars, workshops, laboratory classes and computer-based practicals, and culminates in an independent research project undertaken between May and September 2018.

For further information please visit the Centre for Glaciology's website: http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/dges/research-groups/centre-glaciology/

I encourage you to get in touch with me via email ([hidden email]).

Many thanks and best wishes,

Tom

CfG Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AUCfG/

CfG Twitter: https://twitter.com/AU_CfG

Dr Tom Holt | Lecturer in Glaciology

Centre for Glaciology | Canolfan Rhewlifeg

J13, Geography and Earth Sciences | J13, Daearyddiaeth a Gwyddorau Daear

Aberystwyth University | Prifysgol Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3DB

Phone: +44 (0)1970 628449

Twitter: @tom_holt @AU_CfG @AU_DGES

Weblink: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/dges/staff-profiles/listing/profile/toh08

Ystyriwch yr amgylchedd cyn argraffu e-bost hwn / Please consider the environment before you print this email

Un o’r 4 prifysgol uchaf yn y DU a’r orau yng Nghymru am fodlonrwydd myfyrwyr.
(Arolwg Cenedlaethol y Myfyrwyr 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk

Top 4 UK university and best in Wales for student satisfaction
(National Student Survey 2016)
www.aber.ac.uk