Mass balance data 2010/11

World Glacier Monitoring Service
Dear CRYOLIST-subscribers,

It is a pleasure to announce – shortly after the publication of FoG Vol. X
(2005-2010) – that the mass balance data for 2010/11 is now available.

On our website you find preliminary values from more than 100 glaciers
worldwide, including the statistics and figures of the ‘reference’
glaciers with long-term and continuous observation series:

http://www.wgms.ch

Our work relies on the cooperation and help of many scientists and
observers throughout the world. We highly appreciate their long lasting
contribution in collaboration with our National Correspondents, who are
coordinating the data collection in their country for submission to the
WGMS.

Based on the received data, we are now producing the Glacier Mass Balance
Bulletin No. 12 (2010-2011) which will become available by end of this
year.

Sincerely yours,

Michael Zemp and collaborators of the WGMS

+ + + +

World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS)
Department of Geography
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8057 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

phone: +41-44 635 51 39
email: [hidden email]
http://www.wgms.ch

- - - - - - - quick links - - - - - - -

Glacier monitoring session @ DACA-13:
http://www.daca-13.org/wsl/daca13/program/SympA5/A5.1_EN

Fluctuations of Glaciers Vol. X:
http://www.wgms.ch/fog.html

Glossary of Glacier Mass Balance and Related Terms:
http://www.geo.uzh.ch/~mzemp/Docs/Cogley_etal_2011.pdf

Global Glacier Changes: facts and figures:
http://www.grid.unep.ch/glaciers/