Masters students sought for light absorbing particles in snow and shallow ice core research in Washington State, USA

Masters students sought for light absorbing particles in snow and shallow ice core research in Washington State, USA

Susan Kaspari
Hello All,
I am looking for additional Masters level students to join my research group investigating the role that light absorbing particles play in snow and glacier melt in the Pacific Northwest.  Possible research topics include: investigating the role of wildfires on changes in snowmelt timing, characterizing snow organics in the Washington Cascades, and investigating black carbon and dust concentrations using shallow ice cores.  Further details are available on my webpage: http://www.geology.cwu.edu/facstaff/kaspari/ and information on the Central Washington University‚Äôs MS program is available at https://www.geology.cwu.edu/dept/programs/grad/

Please have interested student contact me at [hidden email]  Funding opportunities are available.

Best,
Susan

Dr. Susan Kaspari
Professor