Need some research $$? Apply for the AGU Cryosphere Section Innovation Award!!

Need some research $$? Apply for the AGU Cryosphere Section Innovation Award!!

Medley, Brooke (GSFC-6150)

Dear Friends, Colleagues, and Cryo-nerds,

Are you a student (or do you know of one??) looking to fund innovative research in Cryospheric Science?

If yes, consider participating in the Flash Freeze competition at this year's AGU Fall Meeting in New Orleans on Thursday December 14, 2017 from 6:15 – 8:15 pm!

The Flash Freeze competition is a fun and fresh alternative to typical grant applications: students pitch their research ideas to a small panel in a short two-minute presentation.  And the reward?  $1000!! That's right: two minutes of your time could earn you 1000 bucks for your research! :)

Last year's winners include Jim Coll, Denis Felikson, Sasha Leidman, Chris Marsh, Mike MacFerrin, and Jakob Steiner (so you'd be joining some good company!).

Okay, now that I have your interest, please find the full details for the competition and application package here.

Applications are due November 17, 2017, so apply now!  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at [hidden email].

Thanks, and best of luck!

Brooke

Brooke Medley
Research Scientist