Newsletter ISSW2018-International Snow Science Workshop

Newsletter ISSW2018-International Snow Science Workshop

Hanna Krismer
Dear All,

For the first time in Austria and for the third time in Europe we proudly announce the upcoming event of 2018 the

22th ISSW (International Snow Science Workshop).

It is the world's largest conference on snow and avalanches and its success lies in the motto:

'A Merging of Theory and Practice'

Unlike any other symposium, the ISSW promotes an international and interdisciplinary exchange between experts in the snow community.

The thematic focus lies on current advances in snow and avalanche science, case studies and innovative technologies at an international level.

We are excited to announce the registration opening for the ISSW2018 on 29th March!

Thus, we encourage all interested parties to enrich the ISSW in Innsbruck not only by their participation, but also by contributing in the form

of oral or poster presentations. Until 23th April the submission of short abstracts is possible in all four conference languages.

Simultaneous translation will be provided during the conference in English, French, German and Italian.

Learn more about the conference by visiting http://issw2018.com/en/

or follow us on Facebook

(ISSW 2018 - International Snow Science Workshop).

On behalf of the ISSW2018 committee we are looking forward to welcome you in Innsbruck.

Kind regards,

Hanna Krismer

Bundesforschungszentrum für Wald
Institut für Naturgefahren