One week left for AGU early abstract submission (consider our session on glacial basal processes)

One week left for AGU early abstract submission (consider our session on glacial basal processes)

Matthew Siegfried
Dear Colleagues,

There's one week left for "early" AGU abstract submissions, and only two weeks left until the ultimate deadline. If you submit by next Tuesday, could win a US$100 gif card! While you are deciding the appropriate venue for your abstract submission, please consider our session focused on processes at the beds of glaciers and ice sheets.

We have a great pair of confirmed invited speakers: Sofie Vej Ugelvig (Aarhus University) and Jill Mikucki (University of Tennessee).

C003: Advances in Understanding Processes at the Beds of Glaciers and Ice SheetsThe dynamic behavior of land-based and marine-terminating glaciers depends on processes at the ice-bed interface that are difficult to observe directly. However, these processes are crucial for understanding ice movement and the development of landscapes under past and future climates.

This session includes contributions that focus on glaciological, geomorphic, geochemical, and geobiological phenomena at glacier beds. Processes of interest include ice and bed deformation, basal slip, subglacial hydrology, subglacial erosion and sediment transport, development of subglacial landforms and stratigraphy, and microbial alteration of the basal environment, among others. We invite a range of approaches that address the spatiotemporal scales of these processes, including field and geophysical observations, laboratory experiments, sedimentological and morphometric studies, and modeling efforts.

Sincerely,

Your Conveners,
Matthew Siegfried (Stanford University)
Lucas Zoet (University of Wisconsin - Madison)
Knut Christianson (University of Washington)
Neal Iverson (Iowa State University)