Open PhD projects on Biogeochemical Cycles & Related Earth System Science in Jena, Germany

Open PhD projects on Biogeochemical Cycles & Related Earth System Science in Jena, Germany

Steffi Rothhardt

Join us!

In cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, the Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry houses a unique and flexible research program that grants German and foreign students a broad selection of learning opportunities while still maintaining a research focus. The International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) offers a PhD program specializing in global biogeochemistry and related Earth System sciences. The overall research and teaching focuses on:

  • Improved understanding of biogeochemical processes with an emphasis on terrestrial ecosystems [more...]
  • Development of observational techniques to monitor and assess biogeochemical feedbacks in the earth system [more...]
  • Theory and model development for improving the representation of biogeochemical processes in comprehensive earth system models [more...]

Open PhD projects related to …

  • Atmosphere & Ocean
  • Biosphere & Ecosystems
  • Soil & Below Ground
  • Paleoclimate

See the detailed job description of all projects on the following webpage: http://www.imprs-gbgc.de/index.php/Application/OpenProjects

Application deadline for these fully funded PhD positions is March 15, 2017. Top candidates will be invited to take part in our recruitment symposium (May 9-10, 2017).

Find out more and apply online: www.imprs-gbgc.de

See our project suggestions &
apply online by March 15.
Copyright © 2017 International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles, All rights reserved.
We inform people who opted in at our website about new calls for application at the IMPRS-GBGC.

Our mailing address is:
International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles
MPI for Biogeochemistry
Hans-Knoell-Str. 10
Jena 07745
Germany