POLAR18 session on ice sheets, solid Earth and sea level

POLAR18 session on ice sheets, solid Earth and sea level

WOODROFFE S.A.

Dear Cryolist,

Please consider submitting an abstract to our session at POLAR18 in Davos, Switzerland 19-23rd June 2018.

Session Number CR-5

Interactions between ice mass balance, the solid Earth, and sea-level changes

This session explores improvements in our understanding and quantification of past, present and future ice sheet and sea-level changes, by focusing on ice sheet evolution and glacial isostatic adjustment. We invite contributions that relate to observations of global and regional sea-level changes, ice sheet mass changes and/or deformation of the solid Earth, as well as modeling of ice sheet dynamics, surface mass balance, basal hydrology, and glacial isostatic adjustment (GIA), in both the Arctic and Antarctic.

Conveners: Catherine Ritz (LGGE), Nicolas Champollion, (ISSI), Thomas James, (Natural Resources Canada), Sarah Woodroffe, (Durham University), Xavier Fettweis, (University of Liege), Matt King, (University of Tasmania).

More details are available here: http://www.polar2018.org/cr-cryosphere.html

Abstract deadline is Wednesday 1st November.

--

Dr Sarah Woodroffe

Department of Geography

Durham University