POLAR2018 Session: Tropical-Polar Teleconnections and their Climate Impacts

POLAR2018 Session: Tropical-Polar Teleconnections and their Climate Impacts

Fogt, Ryan
Dear colleagues,

The abstract deadline for Polar 2018 (15-26 Jun, Davos) is approaching (Nov 1) and we would like to encourage you to submit to our session AC-5 on Tropical-Polar Teleconnections and their Climate impacts.

Session Description:
This session aims to provide a setting to foster discussion on the tropics-pole teleconnections, in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres, as well as how the Polar Regions feedback to lower latitudes. Contributions focusing on the tropical forcing of recent Arctic and Antarctic changes (and vice versa), teleconnections, and the underlying mechanisms are especially welcome. Studies of processes and patterns span topics such as the role of atmospheric jets, the Hadley and Ferrel cells, the Antarctic Dipole, the NAO, the Southern Annular Mode, the polar vortex, ENSO, Indian Ocean dipole, ITCZ, or MJO dynamics. Studies investigating the role of the Interdecadal Pacific Oscillation and Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation in polar climate variability are also relevant to this session.

Session details can be found at:

Conveners:
Sebastian Schemm (ETHZ, [hidden email])
Diana Francis (NYUAD, [hidden email]),
Constanza Villota (INVEMAR, [hidden email] ),
Ryan Fogt (Ohio Univ., [hidden email])

Feel free to contact any of the above with questions about our session.

Full program details, deadlines, etc. may be found at http://www.polar2018.org/program.html.
Direct link for abstract submission: http://www.polar2018.org/abstracts.html

Best regards on behalf of the convenor team,
Ryan Fogt

Dr. Ryan Fogt
Associate Professor
Director, Scalia Laboratory for Atmospheric Analysis
Ohio University
Department of Geography
122 Clippinger Laboratories
Athens, OH 45701