POLAR2018: Snow on sea ice: Submission deadline extended!

POLAR2018: Snow on sea ice: Submission deadline extended!

Stefan Kern-2
Dear colleagues and sea ice friends,

it is so nice to see that submissions to our POLAR2018 session "The
role of snow on sea ice for sea-ice parameter retrieval and
variability" - which is session OS-5 - have been taking off at a good
pace.

Now, it is time to invite those of you to submit an abstract, who felt
that the deadline was too close or who didn't submit an abstract yet
because of other reasons.

Why is that? Because the submission deadline has just been extended
until November 12.

To remind you: POLAR2018 is a unique joint event organized by the
Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research SCAR and the International
Arctic Science Committee IASC and will take place in Davos,
Switzerland, from 15 - 26 June 2018 with the open science conference
from 19 - 23 June; see http://www.polar2018.org for general information.

For session OS-5 we invite studies dealing with in situ observations,
with retrieval from satellite observations, modeling and combinations
thereof for snow parameters on sea ice. We also invite studies on
methods for quantifying the influence of (unknown) snow properties on
the satellite retrieval of sea-ice parameters, on reducing the noise,
improving the accuracy of retrieved sea-ice parameters due to snow
properties, and related studies.

Please submit now under http://www.polar2018.org/abstracts.html! We
are looking forward to see you in Davos next year!

With apologies for cross-posting we remain with

Best regards,

Stefan, Burcu, Georg, and Leif

HAVE AN ICE DAY

please NOTE MY NEW EMAIL-ADDRESS: [hidden email]

  Dr. Stefan Kern                     SEA ICE <> SNOW <> REMOTE SENSING

  Integrated Climate Data Center - ICDC
  Center for Earth System Research and Sustainability
  Universität Hamburg
  Partner in the KlimaCampus Hamburg
  Grindelberg 5
  20144 Hamburg

  Tel: +49 (0) 40 42838 2415
  Fax: +49 (0) 40 42838 7712
  mobil: +49 (0) 174 9310955

  http://icdc.zmaw.de
  http://www.clisap.de/clisap/people/stefan_kern/
  www.cen.uni-hamburg.de

The Cluster of Excellence "Integrated Climate System Analysis and
Prediction" (CliSAP) is a joint effort of Universität Hamburg and
its partners, supported by the German Research Foundation. CliSAP is
the nucleus of the Center for Earth System Research and Sustainability
(CEN) and a co-founder of the KlimaCampus Hamburg.

The CEN combines expertise from the natural and social sciences
and unites nine institutes and research centers at Universität Hamburg.
The KlimaCampus Hamburg brings together universities, research
facilities and authorities from across Hamburg in the context of
climate research.