Permafrost session at next SCAR open Science Conference, Portland 15-19 July 2012

Permafrost session at next SCAR open Science Conference, Portland 15-19 July 2012

Guglielmin Mauro

Dear Friends and colleagues,

In the behalf of the SCAR Expert Group on Permafrost, Soils and Periglacial Environments (ANTPAS), we invite you to submit an abstract for the next SCAR Open Science Conference that will be held in Portland (USA) from 16 to 19 July 2012. The deadline for abstract submission is 15 February 2012.

We know that this year is quite busy for permafrost researchers and  that many of us will be at the Tenth International Conference on Permafrost (TICOP) a few weeks before the SCAR Meeting. However, we think that for the development of Antarctic Permafrost Research, the SCAR conference is a very important venue to establish new initiatives, develop contacts and collaborations.

ANTPAS session "Antarctic Permafrost, Periglacial and Ice-Free Environments (nr 19)" is open to oral and poster presentations related to permafrost, the overlying active layer and related landforms and ecosystems, characterizing the ice-free areas of Antarctica. A meeting of the Expert Group ANTPAS with a focus on future activities will take place before or after the conference. Date and agenda will be anounced soon.

The abstracts (maximum 2500 characters) should be sent directly to the Organizing Committee following the instructions of the conference website (http://scar2012.geol.pdx.edu/).

If you are interested in participating, please send to us the title (even if provisional) and the authorships of your paper, and your preference for oral or poster, before 15 February 2012.

Sincerely ,

Prof. Mauro Guglielmin

[hidden email]

Prof. Gonçalo Vieira

[hidden email]

Prof. Zhao Lin

[hidden email]

Prof. Ph.D. Mauro Guglielmin
Associate Professor of Physical Geography and Geomorphology
DBSF, Insubria University
Via J.H. Dunant, 21100,
Varese Italy
Phone + 39 0332 412412