PhD in Alaskan Hydrology - Oregon State University

PhD in Alaskan Hydrology - Oregon State University

Hill, David Foster
Colleagues.

An assistantship is available at the Oregon State University to study Alaskan coastal hydrology. The project, funded by the North Pacific Research Board and OSRI, continues our long-running investigations into past and future hydrosphere and cryosphere processes in the region. Opportunities exist for collaboration with atmospheric and oceanographic scientists at UAF, the GOA LTER, the Community Snow Observations project, and other efforts. NPRB funds cross-cutting interdisciplinary work, so a keen interest in marine ecosystems is essential.

Interested students should have a relevant previous degree (hydrologic sciences, etc.) and strong previous modeling and geospatial skills (python, Matlab, GIS, fortran, etc.). Students can apply either to the Water Resources Graduate Program or the Civil Engineering program.

A start date by September 2020 is preferred, and applications will be reviewed beginning in December 2019. Interested applicants may contact me directly for additional information.

Best regards,

David F. Hill
Professor
Civil and Construction Engineering