PhD position in ice inhabiting microbes - University of Bristol, UK.

PhD position in ice inhabiting microbes - University of Bristol, UK.

Christopher Williamson

Hi all,

I'd like to draw your attention to a currently advertised PhD position joint between my lab (
https://microlabbristol.org) and Dr Liz Thomas of the British Antarctic Survey, as part of the GW4+ DTP. The studentship is concerned with characterizing the distribution and micro-environment of snow and ice inhabiting microbial communities in order to increase knowledge on their true physiological capabilities, survival strategies and interactions with physiochemical processes.

The PhD will be based in the School of Geographical Sciences, University of Bristol, UK, as well as with the Ice Core Group at BAS, and the work will involve extensive laboratory and field work. Full details of the PhD can be found using the links below, any enquires can be sent directly to myself (
[hidden email]), and the closing date for applications is Friday 8th January.

Project specifics link:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-library/sites/geography/documents/WILLIAMSON%20-%20Frozen-in%20-%20characterising%20the%20micro-environment%20of%20ice%20inhabiting%20microbes%20.pdf

Bristol NERC GW4+ DTP Prospectus:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/2021/doctoral/phd-great-western-four-dtp/

How to apply to the University of Bristol:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/

I'd appreciate it if you could pass this on to any promising students you think might be interested.

Many thanks,

Chris Williamson

--
Dr Chris Williamson