Polar 2018: Latest highlights from high altitude and polar ice cores

Polar 2018: Latest highlights from high altitude and polar ice cores

Margit Schwikowski
Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the session CR-8: Latest highlights from high altitude and polar ice cores at the upcoming Polar 2018 conference in June 2018, Davos, Switzerland (http://www.polar2018.org/) .

Abstract deadline is the 1st November 2017.

Please submit abstracts here: http://www.polar2018.org/abstracts.html

Current progress in ice core science has pushed our understanding of past changes in climate, atmospheric composition and the related biogeochemical cycles substantially forward. This comprises:
(i) new high-precision methods to provide more robust and quantitative paleo-information from ice cores,
(ii) process studies improving our understanding of ice core proxy information,
(iii) latest high-resolution records that provide a more detailed picture of climatic and atmospheric changes in the past as well as
(iv) new high altitude and polar ice core projects that open new windows into past changes both spatially and temporally.
Moreover, ice core science has gained largely by the combination of ice core information with climate models and other climate archives. Here we invite contributions to any of these fields that present significant advancements in our knowledge of paleoclimatic changes from ice cores or improving the understanding of ice core information.

Conveners: Hubertus Fischer (University of Bern, Switzerland), Margit Schwikowski (Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland), Paolo Gabrielli (Ohio State University, USA), Eric Wolff (University of Cambridge, UK)

We would be pleased to see you in Davos!

Margit, Hubertus, Paolo and Eric
--
Dr. Margit Schwikowski
Paul Scherrer Institut