Polar Film Fest 2019 - Submission deadline coming up!

Polar Film Fest 2019 - Submission deadline coming up!

Josephine Z. Rapp
Dear all,

this is a reminder that the submission deadline for this year's Polar Film Fest is coming up soon! The submission form will remain open until Friday, September 6th!

The 4th Polar Film Fest organized by USAPECS will take place during International Polar Week from September 23-28! Share insights into your science by submitting or suggesting a movie to one of the following topics:

1) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Ecology of the Arctic

2) Unfrozen: A Story of Melting Polar Regions

3) The Shape of Ice: Watching the Polar Regions Through an Artistic Lens

4) Destination Unknown: New Frontiers in Polar Research

5) Living the Change: Engaging with Arctic Communities

We are looking to showcase fun, informative and artistic movies about the Arctic, Antarctic, and wider cryosphere – no matter what language they are in! In the past, featured movies ranged from independently-produced videos, interviews and short news reports to 30 min long documentaries, so we welcome a diversity of submissions. While we encourage and welcome films created by you or someone you know, we also happily include other movie recommendations that fit this year’s topics. Find detailed information on this year’s movie categories and the submission process here.

The Polar Film Fest is a great opportunity for science communication and outreach, networking, and enhancing the visibility of your field of research! Get involved as watch-party host and help USAPECS in bringing people at your institute together for a movie night! Hosting a watch party is easy: All you need is a room, beamer, and laptop with internet connection! USAPECS will support you in preparing this event. Interested? Sign up here to receive more information.

For specific questions about this year's film festival, please contact Josephine Rapp ([hidden email]) or follow us on twitter @US_APECS to receive all updates. For general information about USAPECS, please visit our webpage at https://usapecs.wixsite.com/usapecs.

Looking forward to all your exciting movie contributions,

USAPECS Polar Film Fest team 2019