Polar Geospatial Center (PGC) Seminar Series #3 -- Dr. Chunli Dai, Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center at The Ohio State University, Wednesday September 23, 12-1pm Central US

Polar Geospatial Center (PGC) Seminar Series #3 -- Dr. Chunli Dai, Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center at The Ohio State University, Wednesday September 23, 12-1pm Central US

Jonathan Pundsack
Polar Geospatial Center (PGC) Seminar Series #3: Dr. Chunli Dai, Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center at The Ohio State University

"Establishing a database for volcanic eruptions and landslides using ArcticDEM."

Webinar Details:
SPEAKER: Dr. Chunli Dai
TITLE: Establishing a database for volcanic eruptions and landslides using ArcticDEM
DATE: Wednesday 23rd September
TIME: 12-1pm US central time

Registration is open to the public.

The webinar will include an interactive Q&A session with our guest speaker and PGC staff, and a recording will be available on our website. We hope you take the opportunity to attend and ask questions you may want answered.

In light of the Arctic and Antarctic field seasons cancellations and changes, the PGC is taking this opportunity to showcase some of our users’ remote sensing based techniques and research that may inspire or supplement any project changes others have experienced.

Join us to learn about the different efforts to utilize remote sensing in polar science. Our Fall Lineup for the PGC Users Webinar - Science Speakers series is as follows:

3) Dr. Chunli Dai at the Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center at Ohio State University will be presenting "Establishing a database for volcanic eruptions and landslides using ArcticDEM."

DATE: Sep 23 12-1PM Central
REGISTRATION: https://umn.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Ff5puesqSwmMzOWKWSlqxQ

4) Dr. Ellyn Enderlin at Boise State University will be presenting "Remote Sensing of Icebergs: Can iceberg elevation time series provide insights into changing glacier-ocean interactions?"

DATE: Sep 30 12-1PM Central
REGISTRATION: https://umn.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN__NQULLH8T3-lGIrIy_MxEg

5) Andrew Fleming at the British Antarctic Survey will be presenting "Ships in ice – Keeping Antarctic mariners up to date."

DATE: Oct 14 10-11AM Central
REGISTRATION: https://umn.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eRY7f8RVS1aeSY3ZB7m0Jw

If you are a PGC User, use remote sensing techniques in your polar research and would like to become a guest science speaker, please contact Cathleen Torres Parisian at [hidden email] for more information.

The Polar Geospatial Center (PGC) is a research facility funded by the National Science Foundation.
PGC is a proud part of the University of Minnesota's College of Science and Engineering.

--
Jonathan Pundsack, Managing Director
Polar Geospatial Center

www.pgc.umn.edu