Positions available - Climate researcher at the Danish Meteorological Institute

Positions available - Climate researcher at the Danish Meteorological Institute

Gudfinna Adalgeirsdottir
Dear all,

please distribute the following announcement for positions
at the Danish Meteorological Institutes that may be of
interest to climate and ice sheet modellers interested in
the Arctic region and Greenland.

Research positions in climate system modelling and model analysis
available at the Danish Climate Centre, the Danish Meteorological
Institute, Copenhagen.

Duration: 3 years with options for becoming permanent, starting May 1st,
2012 or as soon as possible after that date.

The Danish Climate Centre, DKC (www.dmi.dk/dmi/en/klima.htm) provides
society with in-depth climate information and endeavours to deliver the
best possible advice on climate and climate change. We participate in
research programmes, projects, and scientific collaboration in Denmark
and internationally and direct most of our capacity towards joint
research initiatives to tacke the key challenges in climate science and
prediction.

DKC is involved in national and international collaborative projects,
where modelling and analysis of the results are central elements.
Activities involve Global Climate Modelling (GCM) and Regional Climate
Modelling (RCM) as well as Ice Sheet Modelling for the Greenland Ice
Sheet. We seek scientists to join our energetic research team. You will
have demonstrated skills within climate research, and in-depth knowledge
about climate issues for the Arctic is preferable. You should have some
experience running a GCM or an RCM, be literate in UNIX/Linux operating
system, and have a working knowledge of FORTRAN and/or C and C++. As
part of the DKC team you will work on refining our climate models,
utilize and improve these models, implement simulations, and be able to
undertake research on methods for assessing climate change. One major
focus of the activities in DKC is towards developing a fully coupled
Earth system model tool, to be operated at global as well as regional
scales.

Application dead line: 15 April 2012

For further information, please go to:

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/om_dmi/job-3.htm