Post-doc SMOS / Antarctica in Grenoble

Ghislain Picard

Post-doctoral Position on “SMOS in Antarctica”, Laboratoire de Glaciologie (LGGE), Grenoble, France

Using a combination of field measurements and radiative transfer modeling, our group investigates the potential of brightness temperatures measured by passive microwave to infer information on the Antarctic climate. The Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity (SMOS) mission provides for the first time observations in the low frequency range of microwaves (L-band, 1.4 GHz). Exploring the potential of these new data is the goal of this project funded by the French space agency (CNES) in collaboration with the CESBIO, Toulouse, France.

We are seeking to appoint a post-doctoral research scientist for 1 year to investigate these original data in Antarctica using modeling and experimental data (Dome C mainly) and satellite data.

The position will start on 1st November 2012 or not later than end of 2012.

Contact for enquiries and application:

Dr Ghislain Picard – [hidden email]

(Phone: +33 4 76 82 42 45)

LGGE: http://lgge.osug.fr/

Other information: http://lgge.osug.fr/~picard/

--
Ghislain Picard

Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Géophysique de l'Environnement
54 rue Molière - Domaine Universitaire - BP 96
38402 St Martin d'Hères Cedex, FRANCE
Phone : +33 476 82 42 45 fax : +33 476 82 42 01

Summer 2012 sabbatical at:
Centre d'Applications et de Recherches en Télédétection (CARTEL)
Université de Sherbrooke
2500 Bd Université, Sherbrooke, Qc J1K 2R1 Canada
Phone: 1 819 821 8000 # 65655