Postdoc at JAMSTEC (Japan) for boreal carbon cycle and permafrost

Postdoc at JAMSTEC (Japan) for boreal carbon cycle and permafrost

Hideki Kobayashi
Dear colleagues,

We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher at the Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (Yokohama, Japan).

The successful applicant will participate in quantitative analyses of the impacts of accelerated warming in the boreal forests of Alaska. In particular, we intend to focus on the consequences of a gradually deepening soil active layer and the interactions among vegetation processes, physical and microbial processes in soil, and atmospheric transport of GHGs, including boundary layer interactions.

The research will be based on field observation and numerical modeling. Depending on the situation of COVID, we may shift our focus on analyzing existing data at our eddy covariance site instead of starting new field experiments.

For more information, please visit http://www.jamstec.go.jp/e/work_with_us/jobs/details/iace20210115.html

If you have any further questions, please contact me.

Thank you
Hideki Kobayashi

Hideki Kobayashi
Institute of Arctic Climate and Environment Research
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology
3173-25 Showamachi, Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama, 236-0001, Japan
[hidden email]
http://flies.sakura.ne.jp/WP/