Postdoc opportunities at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution to study ice and oceans!

Postdoc opportunities at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution to study ice and oceans!

Catherine Walker
Hello Cryolist!

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) is seeking Postdoctoral Scholars to work with one or more of our departments on a variety of topics of interest here! We're very excited to bring new researchers to the institution and foster new research partnerships and pathways. WHOI (located on Cape Cod, Massachusetts) is the world's leading, independent non-profit organization dedicated to ocean research, exploration, and education. Our scientists and engineers push the boundaries of knowledge about the ocean to reveal its impacts on our planet (and others) and our lives. The recipient would pursue his or her own research interests in association with a member of the resident staff. If you've ever been interested in coming to WHOI, now is your chance!

There are several of us here at WHOI involved in polar science research (glaciology, oceanography, robotic exploration, biology, etc.), and applicants are particularly encouraged to contact a potential advisor before applying to craft their application. We're seeking out curious, independent and creative applicants! This program will provide a stipend and allowances for travel, etc. for 18 months, and can start any time between January 1 and December 1, 2020.

I'd be happy to answer questions and discuss possible research avenues with anyone interested in joining the WHOI mission! I am looking for folks interested in ice-ocean systems (on Earth or any Ocean World), particularly with experience using remote sensing/satellite data and/or modeling to better understand those systems, and also for applicants interested in in situ (field work-based) exploration and instrument development in the polar regions.

The deadline to apply is *15 October, 2019* - the clock is ticking!

Feel free to send me an email ([hidden email]) with any questions, and either I will answer them or direct you to the right person! Please consider joining us at WHOI!

-Catherine Walker