Postdoc opportunity in ice and fluid dynamics at Princeton University

Postdoc opportunity in ice and fluid dynamics at Princeton University

Ching-Yao Lai
Dear all,

We have an opening for a postdoctoral researcher in the broad areas of fluid dynamics and geophysics to work with Professor Ching-Yao Lai in the program of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (AOS) and Geoscience (GEO) at Princeton University. A Ph.D. in physical sciences, engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field is required prior to starting. We are looking for candidates with a keen interest in fluid dynamics, nonlinear dynamics, interfacial phenomena, ice dynamics, climate science, or fluid-structure interactions. Research experience in mathematical modeling, numerical methods or machine learning is preferred. Our group aims to combine mathematical models (analytical or computational) and machine-learning algorithms to address the environmental and climate challenges facing society, such as predicting the future of ice dynamics in a warming climate and improving its physical representation in climate models. See our group website for more info about our research: cylai.princeton.edu

The Princeton AOS program emphasizes theoretical studies and numerical model studies of the global climate system, and applicants are expected to have a strong background in natural sciences and mathematics. The AOS program benefits from the research capabilities of the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Many GFDL modelers are active in the AOS program and collaborate with AOS students and postdocs.

Applicants should apply online https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/18221 and  submit a cover letter, CV, a list of publications, contact information for at least three references, and a 1-2 page research statement including previous research accomplishments and current interests. Review of applications will begin February 1, 2020, 11:59 EST and continue until the position is filled.

Cheers,
Yao