Postdoctoral Position in ocean eddy parameterization at LANL

Postdoctoral Position in ocean eddy parameterization at LANL

Alice Barthel
Dear all,

We are seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to work on scale-aware ocean eddy parameterizations within the U.S. Department of Energy’s Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM). This position is for 2 years (with the possibility of a 3rd-year extension) in our modeling group at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, located in beautiful Northern New Mexico, USA.

Please see the full postdoc job description for more information:

The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with E3SM project scientists, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with scientists engaged in the multi-institution Climate Process Team on ocean eddy energetics (ocean-eddy-cpt.github.io). We expect that the successful candidate will help to define specific science goals that are compatible with these broader requirements. Feel free to contact Dr. Luke Van Roekel ([hidden email]) for further questions about the project or the position.

Thank you,

Alice Barthel

--

Climate Ocean & Sea Ice Modeling Team

Fluid Dynamics and Solid Mechanics (T-3)

Los Alamos National Laboratory

(505)-667-5042