Quantcast

Postdoctoral Research Scientist in cryosphere sciences at The Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University

Postdoctoral Research Scientist in cryosphere sciences at The Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University

Marco Tedesco-4
Dear colleagues,

The Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Scientist in cryospheric sciences. Researchers at the Observatory work to understand the dynamics of the Earth's chemical, physical and biological systems, from the core to the upper atmosphere, including Earth's interactions with human society. Our scientists lead research in the fields of solid Earth dynamics; ocean, atmospheric and climate systems; cryospheric sciences; paleoclimate and biogeoscience.

We encourage applications from those with a background in remote sensing, surface mass balance, regional modeling and ice sheets. A clearly expressed plan to investigate problems at the forefront of cryospheric science is desirable. Fieldwork experience is a plus. Excellent programming and/or mathematical skills (e.g., Matlab) and the ability to work in a team while developing his/her own research ideas are preferred. Expertise in applying for funding to funding agencies and management of scientific projects are preferred.

Submit your application, curriculum vitae, statement of research and contact information for three references using the following link: https://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64024

Applicants are encouraged to inquire about their submission ahead of time to discuss topics and applications. Please contact M. Tedesco ([hidden email]) for inquiries and questions. Appointment will be for 1-year, with continuation pending funding and progress. Columbia University benefits are provided with this Officer of Research appointment. We accept online applications only.

Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer --Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.
The position will be open until filled.

Best,
Marco

——————————
Marco Tedesco, PhD
Lamont Research Professor, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Columbia University
61 Route 9W
Palisades, NY 10964
and
NASA Goddard Institute of Space Studies, Adjunct Scientist

Associate Editor, The Cryosphere
Associate Editor, Frontiers in Earth Science - Cryosphere Sciences

———————
www.cryocity.org
www.ldeo.columbia.edu

Twitter: @cryocity
Cell: + 2023754884

*** IF YOU SEND AN EMAIL DURING THE WEEKEND AND NEED A PROMPT REPLY PLEASE BE PATIENT, I MIGHT NOT BE READING MY MAIL UNTIL MONDAY ***