Postdoctoral research position at the George Washington University, Washington DC, USA

Postdoctoral research position at the George Washington University, Washington DC, USA

Nikolay Shiklomanov

The George Washington University (GWU), Department of Geography is seeking to hire a post-doctoral researcher with geospatial techniques skills including: Geographic Information Studies (GIS), remote sensing, and/or spatial statistics to support our Arctic research.  Experience in permafrost and ecosystem modeling is a plus. The post-doctoral scholar will work within the Center for Urban and Environmental Research (CUER) with Drs. Ryan Engstrom, Nikolay Shiklomanav, and Dmitry Streletskiy on research pertaining to the Arctic Environments. Currently, within the center, we have support through multiple funded projects addressing sustainability and vulnerability of Arctic natural and human environments. This University-funded post-doctoral position is aimed at providing field, quantitative, and analytical support for these projects.  The successful candidate is expected to actively seek external funding to expand GWU Arctic and geospatial research. Within CUER we also have an opportunity for quantitative interdisciplinary research in areas outside the Arctic such as our recently funded NASA Interdisciplinary Sciences project in Ghana and ongoing research between CUER and Children’s National Medical Center (CNMC). Additional responsibilities for this position include teaching one course per year in the applicant’s research specialty. Salary for this position is commensurate upon experience and a PhD in Geography or related discipline is required at the time of appointment. This position is open until filled and applications will be read as they are received. Questions about this position should be directed towards Dr. Ryan Engstrom (<[hidden email]>) and all applications must be submitted electronically at <https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/10320>