Postponement of the IGS Durham symposium.

Postponement of the IGS Durham symposium.

Magnus Magnusson

Dear Cryolist members

The IGS Head Office and the Durham Local Organising Committee have been monitoring the situation regarding the Covid-19 (coronavirus) infection. Yesterday, the UK government has advised that the pandemic will not peak for several weeks, bringing us closer to the scheduled start of our symposium.

Because of the severe travel restrictions put on scientists worldwide and in addition the advice we have received from Durham University, we have reluctantly decided to postpone the International Symposium on Ice Streams and Outlet Glaciers, scheduled to take place in Durham on 19-24th July 2020.

Later this year, we will look to reschedule the conference in either 2021 or 2022 and will provide further updates when available.

All the best

Magnús

Magnús Már Magnússon

Secretary General