QRA Annual Discussion Meeting 2018 abstract submission deadline

QRA Annual Discussion Meeting 2018 abstract submission deadline

Caroline Clason-2

Dear Cryolisters,

This is a reminder that the call for abstracts for the QRA Annual Discussion Meeting (University of Plymouth, 3rd-5th January 2018) closes at noon on 24th October. Early-bird registration rates for both regular and postgraduate delegates are available until October 31st, and we hope to have informed presenters of whether they have been assigned a talk or poster by this date.

The conference dinner will be held in the National Marine Aquarium, tickets for which can be purchased during online registration. There will also be an optional field trip to Kent's Cavern and Hope's Nose raised beach on 6th January; we will distribute more information about this in due course.

The overarching theme of the 2018 meeting is data/model inter-comparison, and we welcome abstract submissions that fall within scientific themes including:

  • Glacial system modelling and glacial geomorphology
  • Intercomparisons between climate modelling and palaeoclimate reconstructions
  • Long-term ecology, ecological processes and biodiversity
  • Human/environment interactions including refining and testing models of anthropogenic land cover change
  • Palaeohydrology and long-term landscape evolution
  • Past and future sea-level change

The confirmed keynote speakers at this years meetings are:

  • Chris Clark (Sheffield)
  • Marie-Jose Gaillard-Lemdahl (Linnaeus)
  • Roland Gehrels (York)
  • Marie-France Loutre (Bern)
  • Susan Ivy Ochs (ETH Zurich)

We also invite all attendees of the QRA Annual Discussion Meeting 2018 to submit up to three photos on the theme of Quaternary Science to our photo competition. The photos will be judged by a panel at Plymouth University, and the shortlisted images (including the winner) will be on display throughout the conference. Please email all photo submissions to [hidden email] by 31st October - we look forward to seeing your submissions!

For more information, and to register and submit an abstract, please visit https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/whats-on/qra-annual-discussion-meeting-2018, and follow us on Twitter @QRA2018 for updates.

If you have enquiries about the conference please contact [hidden email] or contact me directly ([hidden email])

Best wishes,

Caroline

Dr Caroline Clason | Lecturer in Physical Geography | School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Plymouth University, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA, UK | +447482304784 | [hidden email]