QRA Annual Discussion Meeting 2018 - registration now open!

QRA Annual Discussion Meeting 2018 - registration now open!

Caroline Clason-2

Dear Cryolisters,

Registration for the QRA Annual Discussion Meeting (which will be held at Plymouth University, UK from 3rd-5th January 2018) is now open, with early-bird rates available until 31st October. There will be an optional field trip to Kent’s Cavern and Hope’s Nose raised beach on 6th January, and the conference dinner will be held at the National Marine Aquarium.

The overarching theme of the 2018 conference is data/model inter-comparison, and one of the central scientific themes will be glacial systems and glacial geomorphology. We have five confirmed keynote speakers, including Professor Chris Clark. Abstract submission is open until noon on the 24th October, and we encourage submissions from both UK-based and international researchers!

We also invite all attendees of the QRA Annual Discussion Meeting 2018 to submit up to three photos on the theme of Quaternary Science to our photo competition. The photos will be judged by a panel at Plymouth University, and the shortlisted images (including the winner) will be on display throughout the conference. Please email all photo submissions to [hidden email] - we look forward to seeing your images!

For more information about the conference (including scientific themes and keynote speakers), and to register/submit an abstract, please visit https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/whats-on/qra-annual-discussion-meeting-2018, and follow us on Twitter [hidden email]

If you have any enquiries please contact me directly ([hidden email]) or via [hidden email]

Best wishes,

Caroline

Dr Caroline Clason | Lecturer in Physical Geography | School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Plymouth University, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA, UK | +447482304784 | [hidden email]