Re: Arctic Change 2020 - Ocean dynamics in the Arctic Ocean and connected waters

Re: Arctic Change 2020 - Ocean dynamics in the Arctic Ocean and connected waters

Andrew Hamilton
Dear Cryolist Colleagues,

We invite you to submit an abstract to the virtual Arctic Change 2020 conference (7-10 December) session titled:

Session description:
Physical oceanographic processes in the Pan-Arctic play a fundamental role in shaping Earth’s climate. This region is also undergoing rapid change due to increasing air and ocean temperatures, massive influxes of freshwater from melting glaciers and ice caps, changes in sea ice cover, and shifts in atmospheric and oceanic circulation patterns. Yet despite its importance, there remain large gaps in the state of our knowledge of these northern waters. In this session we invite presentations of research across a broad range of physical oceanography in polar and sub-polar seas, from micro-scale to basin-scale dynamics, including observational and modelling approaches on topics including, but not limited to, thermodynamic exchanges across ice-ocean boundary layers, fjord- and basin-scale circulation dynamics, glacier-ocean interactions, transport and fate of heat and freshwater (liquid and solid), deep water convection processes, and the past, present, and future states of the Arctic Ocean.

The deadline for abstract submissions has been extended to September 14, 2020 at midnight EDT. Guidelines for e-posters and online presentations can be seen here.

Travel (virtually) to the conference from the comfort of your home and submit your abstract now!

https://arcticnetmeetings.ca/ac2020/call-abstracts

We look forward to learning about your work on the Pan-Arctic oceans!

Best regards,
Co-chairs:
Andrew Hamilton (University of Alberta; [hidden email])
Juliana Marson (University of Alberta, University of Manitoba; [hidden email])
Paul Myers (University of Alberta; [hidden email])