Release of SICOPOLIS version 3.3

Ralf Greve
Dear fellow Cryolisters,

it is my pleasure to announce that the official version 3.3 of the
ice-sheet model SICOPOLIS (SImulation COde for POLythermal Ice Sheets)
has been released today.

The main new features are:

  - Complete modularisation of the code
  - InitMIP-Antarctica and InitMIP-Greenland experiments
  - Ice discharge parameterisation for Greenland
  - Basal hydrology by flux-routing scheme
      (not released as free and open-source software yet!)
  - "Hidden-ablation" (mass balance accounting) scheme
  - Improved stability of the SIA/SStA hybrid scheme

For more details see the commit logs at
<http://tinyurl.com/commit-logs-sico> (revisions 667-1099). A great
thanks to the fellow developers who contributed to these features!

On the SICOPOLIS website <http://www.sicopolis.net/> you will find
further information, downloading instructions and documentation. Please
note also the mailing lists (under "Support"). Feedbacks are of course
welcome, and I'll be happy to help in case of problems that may come up
when using the program.

Best regards,

Ralf

--
Dr. Ralf Greve
Professor, Glacier and Ice Sheet Research