Reminder: AGU Session Announcement: Interactions of Ice Sheets and Glaciers With the Ocean

Reminder: AGU Session Announcement: Interactions of Ice Sheets and Glaciers With the Ocean

Helen Amanda Fricker
As the AGU abstract deadline fast approaches and you are wondering which session to submit your abstract to, please consider submitting to our session on ice-ocean interaction.

Interactions of Ice Sheets and Glaciers With the Ocean (C03):

It is well established that the portions of the Antarctic & Greenland
ice sheets that are in contact with the ocean (i.e., ice shelves,
glacier tongues, & the termini of tidewater glaciers) are subject to
forcing at this boundary, causing mass losses through iceberg calving
& basal melting. We solicit contributions that address interactions of
the ocean & meteoric ice in the global climate system. In particular,
we encourage reports on progress in: (i) modeling mass loss through
melt & iceberg calving; (ii) quantifying the role of ice shelves & ice
tongues as mediators of grounded ice flow; & (iii) understanding the
contributions of ice shelves, ice tongues, tidewater glaciers &
icebergs to regional & global ocean circulation.

Co-Sponsor:
Ocean Sciences

We have four invited speakers: Kelly Falkner, Doug Martinson, Tavi Murray and Eric Rignot.

Abstract deadline is this Thursday 2nd September, see http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/program/abstract_submissions.php

With thanks from the conveners of C03 (Helen Amanda Fricker, Laurie Padman & Kelly Brunt)

--
Dr Helen Amanda Fricker
Associate Professor