Reminder: Deadline for PolarTREC Educator and Researcher Applications on 2 October 2017

Reminder: Deadline for PolarTREC Educator and Researcher Applications on 2 October 2017

Janet Warburton
Deadline for PolarTREC Program 2018-2019 Educator and Researcher Applications
PolarTREC: Teachers and Researchers Exploring and Collaborating
Arctic Research Consortium of the U.S.

Application Deadline: Monday, 2 October 2017 by 5:00 p.m. Alaska Daylight Time

For further information and application instructions, go to:
https://www.polartrec.com/about/application

Or, contact PolarTREC at [hidden email]

**********************
PolarTREC (Teachers and Researchers Exploring and Collaborating) is currently accepting applications from both educators and researchers for the PolarTREC program.

Applications for a field-based research experience in the polar regions for 2018-2019, will be accepted from both U.S. informal science educators as well as formal U.S. classroom teachers (teaching in grades 6-12). Informal educators should have the primary focus on outreach to middle and high school students and/or professional development for their teachers. Applications will be to participate in field research learning experiences during the 2018 (usually Arctic) or 2018-19 (usually Antarctic) field seasons. The application deadline is Monday, 2 October 2017. The teacher & informal educator application is available at https://www.polartrec.com/teachers/application

Important: Final selection for this round of applications is pending funding from the National Science Foundation. We will keep all applicants informed of our funding status.

We need researchers!  Researchers that work in the polar regions are encouraged to submit an application to host an educator during the 2018-2019 field seasons.

More information about candidate criteria, application forms, researcher application questions, and program requirements for both teachers and researchers are available at: http://www.polartrec.com/

Application Deadline
The application period for educators and researchers to apply to participate in PolarTREC ends Monday, 2 October 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Alaska Daylight Time. Researchers interested in hosting an educator should contact program staff as soon as possible at [hidden email]

Informational Webinar
To learn more about the PolarTREC program, we encourage you to view the archived informational webinar from this year. The webinar, given for both educators and researchers, gives an overview of the PolarTREC program, its goals and objectives, program components, the application process, and addresses frequently asked questions. You can view the event archive.

Additional Information
Further information about PolarTREC, including program goals, requirements, and frequently asked questions, is available at:
http://www.polartrec.com

Or, contact PolarTREC at [hidden email].