Reminder: Friday – IARPC Webinar on NSF Arctic Dissertation Research Support

Reminder: Friday – IARPC Webinar on NSF Arctic Dissertation Research Support

Liz Weinberg-2
IARPC Public Webinar Series Program Manager Chat: National Science Foundation Support for Arctic Doctoral Dissertation Research
October 23, 2pm ET / 10am AKT

Join the National Science Foundation and IARPC for a program manager chat about a solicitation for proposals for Arctic Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants.

NSF invites investigators at U.S. organizations to submit proposals for Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants (DDRIGs) to the Arctic Sciences Section, Office of Polar Programs (OPP) to conduct dissertation-level research about and related to the Arctic region. The Programs that are currently accepting DDRIG proposals are the Arctic Social Sciences (ASSP), Arctic System Science (ARCSS), and Arctic Observing Network (AON) Programs.

The goal of this solicitation is to attract research proposals that advance a fundamental, process, and systems-level understanding of the Arctic's rapidly changing natural environment and social and cultural systems, and, where appropriate, to improve our capacity to project future change. The Arctic Sciences Section supports research focused on the Arctic region and its connectivity with lower latitudes. The scientific scope is aligned with, but not limited to, research challenges outlined in the IARPC Arctic Research Plan. Given that this solicitation is designed to support early career scientists, this program will also advance research capacity in Arctic sciences, promote workforce development, and enhance diversity and inclusion in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).

During this webinar, NSF program officers will give an overview of this funding opportunity and will be available to answer questions. All are welcome to attend.

--
Liz Weinberg
Web Manager & Community Coordinator