Request for evaluation of an incubator project

Request for evaluation of an incubator project

Eric Sproles

Dear Colleagues and Friends:

My name is Eric Sproles from Oregon State University’s College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences. I'm writing you to request your evaluation of new web-based tools that we are developing for water, snow, and data science professionals. The tools calculate basin-wide snow cover in just a few minutes. We also use these calculations to forecast streamflow. Specific details about this project and the research are provided at the bottom of this email.

You are a possible participant in this study because you are involved with snow and water resources in your job.

So what exactly are we asking from you? We simply want your honest feedback, and no more than 20-minutes of your time. We know your time is limited but your expertise is valuable, and we would appreciate your contribution.

Our tool is completely web-based, and there is nothing to download. Everything happens in the cloud. The tool is a prototype, and your insights and experience will help use develop better tools in the next phase of this project. Your evaluation and comments are completely anonymous, so please be candid.

We provide a brief description of the project on our website and briefly describe how the snow calculations and forecast model work. If you are willing to participate, great. Please click or enter either link (they go to the same place) to start your evaluation.

http://tiny.cc/snowEv

or

https://oregonstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e9jwHiTl9Ttf1yt

Again, we understand your time is valuable, but we want to develop tools that work for you. If you are not able to participate, we understand.

If you have any further questions you can email me at [hidden email] or call me at <a href="tel:(208)%20578-4916" value="+12085784916" target="_blank" style="font-size:large">208.578.4916.

Thank you in advance for your time.  We look forward to reading your comments (for better or worse!)

Best Regards,

Eric A. Sproles and Anne W. Nolin

Project details:

Title: Cloud-based computing for predicting streamflow in snowmelt dominated watersheds

Investigators: Dr. Anne Nolin (PI) and Dr. Eric Sproles (Co-I) from the College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences at Oregon State University