SCAR side meeting: ice-sheet ocean interactions (past and present: how much data do we need for models)

SCAR side meeting: ice-sheet ocean interactions (past and present: how much data do we need for models)

Florence Colleoni
Dear all,

This is to tell you that our SCAR side meeting "ice-sheet ocean interactions" is scheduled on
Monday 18th June
8-11 am
Studio A

The tile of the workshop does not reflect totally the discussion we would like to have all
together (we apologise but we had to submit the request for a side meeting in a hurry). Based on your suggestions, Paolo and I suggest to talk about:

"How much data and which data do we need to constrain polar processes (ice-sheet, ocean circulations, atmosphere...,solid earth...)"

This follows up the discussion we had during the PAIS conference last september. Many questions were heading towards the same direction: how de we know that data are enough for models? Do we need to implement new processes in ice sheet models even if observations are scarce or inexistent? Do we need to keep on providing specific kind of data even if models cannot keep up with observations?...

With the topic we propose, the discussion can relate past and current data-models investigations. This is why this workshop is open to everybody.

During the side meeting, no presentations will be given, but it will be an open discussion of two hours based on those questions.

You can register to this workshop when you register for the formal OSC conference, it is required I think.

We are looking forward to discuss with you in Davos!

Florence Colleoni & Paolo Stocchi

Fondazione CMCC
Phone: +39 051 4151222