Second Call for Abstracts: Glaciers: Past & Present, IGC 2020, New Delhi

Second Call for Abstracts: Glaciers: Past & Present, IGC 2020, New Delhi

aparna shukla

Hello Everyone,

This the second call for abstracts to the symposium number 12.4 titled ‘Glaciers: Past & Present’ under the Theme no. 12, ‘Quaternary Environments: Sedimentation and Landform Evolution’ at the upcoming 36th International Geological Congress (IGC) being held at New Delhi, India during March 2nd to 8th, 2020. The latest circular is attached and further details about the event can be found at its website (www.36igc.org).

Details regarding our symposium are as follows:

Highlights: Keynote address by Prof. Lewis Owen, North Carolina State University, on "Quaternary glaciation, sediment production and transfer, and landscape development in the Indian Himalaya".

Topics covered:

Ø  Understanding glaciations across time and space – finding the missing links.

Ø  Estimation of glacial ice reserves – methods and associated errors.

Ø  Glacier response to climate change and governing factors.

Ø Glacial and high-altitude lakes – processes, status and hazard vulnerability.

Ø  Glacial hydrology – climate change impacts and partitioning of the source components.

Other details:

·       The revised last date of abstract submission is 15 October 2019.

·       There is no abstract submission fee till 15 September 2019.

·    Abstracts submitted between 16 September 2019 and 15 October 2019 will attract a fee of USD 20 or its INR equivalent for the Indians.

·   Financial support programmes especially for the Early Career Researchers and Scholars, i.e., the GEOHOST programme.

Five days to go! We urge everyone interested to quickly contribute by submitting their abstracts while it is FREE!!

We look forward to welcoming you in India!

Sincerely,

Symposium Conveners: Aparna Shukla ([hidden email]), Manish Mehta and Dirk Scherler.

--
Dr. Aparna Shukla
Scientist D,