Seeking a PhD in Snow and Avalanche Dynamics

Seeking a PhD in Snow and Avalanche Dynamics

Belinda Bates

Dear All,

I am an MSc Student currently looking for PhD opportunities in snow and avalanche dynamics, specifically in the UK, France or Switzerland.

I have a background in Applied Mathematics (MMath – Oxford University, Class I) and Meteorology (MSc – Reading University, current), and am keen to go and study the mathematical and geophysical theory behind snow avalanches, ideally in an area close to the Alps.

I can speak intermediate-good French and rusty-intermediate German and would hope to become fluent quickly if I found such an opportunity.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please email me on [hidden email],

Thanks for reading!

Belinda Bates