Quantcast

Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography: Newcastle University

Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography: Newcastle University

Rachel Carr
Dear List members,

Applications are invited for a Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography to be held in the School of Geography, Politics & Sociology at Newcastle University. We welcome applications from candidates with an outstanding record of research in any area of Physical Geography that enhances and extends our current research in past climates, evolving landscapes, cryospheric systems and water science. However, applicants who can broaden our research expertise in line with emerging research agendas are also encouraged to apply. You will be expected to develop a vigorous research programme at an international level, to supervise research students, to seek external funds to support and sustain their research, as well as make a full contribution to both field- and practical-based undergraduate teaching. You must hold a good first degree and PhD in Physical Geography, Environmental Science or related discipline.

Please submit a CV and a covering letter with your application. Your letter of application should highlight how you meet the criteria, as well as including a personal research plan and a teaching statement. Both the research plan and teaching statement should be limited to one side of A4 each.

For informal enquiries please contact the Head of Physical Geography Dr Andrew Henderson ([hidden email]; 0191 208 3086). All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.

The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality.  The University also holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers, and is a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.

Salary: £48,327 - £55,998 per annum

Closing Date: 10 March 2017

Further particulars can be found at https://vacancies.ncl.ac.uk/

Regards, Andy

Dr Rachel Carr
Lecturer in Physical Geography
School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
Newcastle University
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, UK
NE1 7RU

Email: [hidden email]