Short extension to QRA abstract submission deadline

Short extension to QRA abstract submission deadline

Caroline Clason-2

In response to multiple requests, the abstract deadline for the QRA Annual Discussion Meeting (University of Plymouth, 3rd-5th January 2018) has been extended until 12 noon on 3rd November. Early-bird registration rates for both regular and postgraduate delegates will be available until 8th November, by which time delegates will have been informed about their presentation allocation (talk/poster).

The overarching theme of the meeting is data/model inter-comparison, and we welcome abstract submissions that fall within scientific themes including:

  • Climate modelling and palaeoclimate reconstructions
  • Glacial system modelling and glacial geomorphology
  • Long-term ecology, ecological processes and biodiversity
  • Human/environment interactions including refining & testing models of anthropogenic land cover change
  • Palaeohydrology and long-term landscape evolution
  • Past and future sea-level change

We also invite all attendees of the QRA Annual Discussion Meeting 2018 to submit up to three photos on the theme of Quaternary Science to our photo competition. The photos will be judged by a panel at Plymouth University, and the shortlisted images (including the winner) will be on display throughout the conference. Please email all photo submissions to [hidden email] by 8th November - we look forward to seeing your submissions!

For more information, and to register and submit an abstract, please visit https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/whats-on/qra-annual-discussion-meeting-2018, and follow us on Twitter @QRA2018 for updates.

If you have enquiries about the conference please contact [hidden email] or get in touch with me directly ([hidden email]).

Best wishes, and sorry about the multiple emails!

Caroline

Dr Caroline Clason | Lecturer in Physical Geography | School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Plymouth University, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA, UK | +447482304784 | [hidden email]